We all know the power of social media in our industry, right? We have the opportunity to reach thousands of people and potential clients with one quick post. However, at times it can be overwhelming and somewhat time consuming. BUT, so worth it. I have discovered some of the coolest apps that will help make your life a little easier, and also help you to increase your social media engagement. It’s all about the content, content, content. These days, quick videos are one of the best ways to attract new clients and increase engagement. So here are a few of my favorites. Enjoy!
- QUIK: This app is great for creating 1-minute videos or animated picture videos. They provide different templates and you can add music. Best part… It’s FREE!
- HASHTAGS FOR LIKES: OMG! I love this one. You type in your industry or a keyword, and it spits out the most popular hashtags. Best part, you copy and paste them into your Instagram post! TIP… Please be sure to post your local hashtags as well and do not use the # in the same order for every post!
- OVERVIDEO: This video app is great because it allows you to put text overlay and voice overlay on all of your videos. Remember to keep your videos at just 1 minute for Instagram.
- CANVA: LOVE THIS! It’s a perfect way to create brand consistent ads and banners with your most beautiful photos.
- SPARK POST: My new fav! This app allows you to create automated flyers, posters, and ad pieces, plus it comes with a ton of templates. You can resize for Insta story and Facebook and make it all brand consistent.
One last tip. If you have and iPhone, the portrait setting on the camera is amazing for taking professional-ish photos. Lighting makes a huge difference too! I hope you enjoy some of these apps and it makes social media a little bit more fun, and a lot more effective!
Nina Tulio (Instagram @Nina2leo) is a former salon owner and stylist that has been in the business for 22 years. After much success and 11 years in business, Nina has since sold her salon. She is now dedicating 150% of her time to continue to inspire, educate, and empower salon owners and stylists through her online courses, onsite salon education, and one on one coaching. To learn more, or to connect with Nina, visit her website here: 1NAgency.